Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ham & Potato Baked Omlet

I wasn't sure what to call this recipe.  I made it up last night based on the sack of baby red potatoes and leftover ham I needed to get rid of before it went bad.  It was SO delicious.  You could play around with it eg. use less butter, add peppers, use different kinds of potatoes or hash browns, add spinach, add more eggs, etc.  I don't think you could really ruin it.  Here is how I made it.  I used my Vialdia Chop Wizard to chop the potatoes, onions and ham.  It made it so fast and easy and I think when everything is uniform in size it cooks more evenly.

Ingredients:
3 cups diced baby red potatoes
1/3 c. butter, melted
seasoning salt to taste
1 cup diced ham
1/2 onion, diced
2 eggs
1/2 c. milk
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425.  Layer potatoes in the bottom of a 9" pie pan.  Drizzle with melted butter and sprinkle with seasoned salt.  Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.  Combine ham, cheese and onion in a small bowl.  In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper and seasoning salt.   Pull potatoes out of oven after 20 minutes and spread the ham mixture over the top.  Pour the egg mixture on top of that.  Reduce oven heat to 350 and bake for 20 - 25 minutes until filling is golden brown.

1 comment:

  1. How much cheese did you use? I would call this a ham and potato pie.

    ReplyDelete