Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hawaiian Haystacks - Slow Cooker

This is one of those recipes you can quickly throw together in the morning, forget about it, and then have a yummy meal in the evening.  I like to make this when I have to bring someone dinner - people always say that they loved it and that it was nice not to get another lasagna.


Makes 4-6 servings
  • 10 to 12 chicken tenders, cut in chunks
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
  • 6 cups cooked rice
  1. Place chicken in greased 3 1/2 to 5-quart slow cooker.
  2. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.
  3. Cook on high heat 3-4 hours or on low heat 6-8 hours.
  4. Serve over hot rice with a variety of cold toppings that could include grated cheese, peas, pineapple tidbits, shredded coconut, raisins, Chinese noodles, olives, diced tomatoes, diced green peppers, sliced green onions, and other family favorites.

2 comments:

  1. RAISINS? Seiously? I think I just threw up in my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to go make this right now! Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete