Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cashew Chicken Salad

A friend made this for me and I loved it!  The recipe calls for egg noodles, but I like bowtie pasta better.  Since it has chicken you could eat it for dinner with breadsticks.  We ate it tonight and Jack LOVED it. Enjoy!


Ingredients:
4 chicken breast cooked and cubed
1 12 oz pkg egg noodles
1 pkg spinach large bag
¼ cup green onions
1 cup cashews
½ cup sunflower seeds

Dressing:
1 cup vegetable oil
½ cup soy sauce
4 TBLS Sugar
½ cup vinegar

Mix all ingredients EXCEPT spinach and onion in a bowl.  Toss with dressing and let it sit in fridge for at least one hour.  Add green onions and spinach just before serving.

1 comment:

  1. Okay daughters of mine...I tried this one! I made a few changes, and it was well recieved!
    Change #1-didn't use chicken. Used mini chicken & cilantro wontons (frozen section at Costco). I browned/steamed them and then let them cool before putting ON the salad. Next time I think I would do this in advance and let them marinade in the dressing with the rest of the ingredients (EXCEPT spinach).
    Change #2-I used 1 lb. linguine fini instead of bowtie. Seemed more Asian.
    Change #3-I used Yoshidas Gourmet Sauce instead of soy sauce in the dressing.
    Change #4-I used cruchy chowmein noodles on top.
    Other ideas: You could add...
    Mandarine oranges
    Chopped water chesnuts
    Great recipe!Thanks girls!!!

    ReplyDelete